Friday, May 23, 2014

Feature Author: R.D Cole


Hey Loves our Feature Author is R.D Cole. Let me just say this is one amazing woman and if you have not read her Learning Series you are definitely missing out so take this long weekend and get to reading you will not regret it;)
~Raquel~




(Book #3)

Synopsis:
This isn't your Typical Everyday fairytale.
This story isn't sweet or sugary.
Instead...
It's Raw and Dark
It's Rough and Dangerous
And It's Definitely not for kids under 17 years of age.

So turn back now if you're not ready for Lyric and Blaire's story. Because shit just got Real.


“I’ve learned a lot this past year, but there are two things I’ll never forget: one, People aren’t what they seem, and two, I fucking hate liars.” Blaire

Blaire Morgan was a quiet, grief stricken girl when she left Mobile, Alabama, a year ago after her brother’s unexpected death. She returns a year later with fresh wounds from another betrayal, and she’s not the same person. A woman letting her tortured past rule her life, her “take no shit” attitude is catching the attention of everyone that crosses her path, including the bad boy front man of Lyrical Obsessions—the new band that plays at Jay Jay’s. When she learns he has something she wants, she plans on doing whatever it takes to get it.

What is a demon? An evil spirit possessing a person, acting as a tormentor in Hell?

Lyric “The Demon” Devereux is that tormentor and Hell is any place he sees fit, either in the fighting ring or on the streets. He killed his first person at seventeen years old, and that list has grown over the years—as well as his list of enemies—but his biggest enemy is himself and he doesn’t know how to win that battle.

When Blaire comes into town like wildfire and turns heads, Lyric’s temper emerges—uninvited and unexpected. His plan to stay at a distance for her safety, and his sanity, changes when she continuously shows up with her defiance and seductive pull. He now has no choice but to face his past that could possibly destroy the both of them.

Tempers will detonate.
Lust will consume.
Truth will destroy.
But will love forgive?

GoodReads Link: http://bit.ly/1e6u2MO


                                                  Learning to Heal Tour pack





Purchase Links








Blurb-  

"If Fools rush in, then most people in love are idiots. And I'm the biggest one of all."
-Jazz

       Meet Jasmine Coleman. She's the girl that's outgoing, beautiful, and full of self-assurance- a confidence that’s forced to cover the scars she hides. When rushing into love becomes a heartbreaking mistake the last piece of it disappears. Now she is left uncertain, weak, and full of self-loathing. But her strength is needed now more than before.
Mason Reed is the quiet computer geek that's always the friend and never the boyfriend. Putting his social life on hold to help his single mother has left him shy when it comes to the opposite sex. And Meeting Jazz is no different. However being in love makes you do crazy things and his crazy has major consequences. Especially when the truth is revealed to others who are determined to rip them apart.

Rash Decisions have major consequences. Some good. Some bad. All Life Changing.
"The Truth doesn't always set you free. Sometimes it breaks you apart and leaves you in pieces."




Excerpt

The memories from two months ago hit me and I lose my smile. So this is the band that has taken over for Benji and Blaire. God, it still seems like yesterday that we were watching them play on that stage. But then I remember Benji’s funeral and Blaire’s rage before she left town and disappeared. I know it happened, but it still sucks. Kids aren’t supposed to die, and Benji was still a kid. Of course he was fucked up, but aren’t we all? I mean look at me. A girl with everything and I hate my scarred chest that has my left breast a little off kilter. Geez, I’m such a selfish person with my pity party. Benji and Blaire lost each other, Trudy lost her son, and here I am pissed at everyone because of a fucked up boob.
My breath hitches with these constant thoughts running in my head. Mason’s grip tightens around my waist in an embrace, but right now it’s not wanted. My overactive emotions take over and a tear slips down my cheek that I can’t hold back. My throat burns with the yearning to mourn for my friends and even myself, even though I don’t deserve it. This past Halloween night affected us all in some form; Tru losing two friends that were becoming like family, Jaxon watching Tru fall apart—which I know affected him more than he let on, me losing trust in the first guy I ever let see the real me, only for him to throw it back in my face. More tears start falling so I quickly jump up before the ever present water works start. I hate crying in front of people, especially when I know it’s going to be an ugly one. Ugh! My looks are still on my brain.
Slamming the bathroom door, I collapse on the floor while grief takes over and shakes my body. Not caring if I’m loud, I let go. Everything is hitting me now for some stupid reason that I can’t explain, other than being pregnant. My body feels tense and ready to explode, so I bang my head on the door just to try to alleviate the hurt and rage. I hear knocking and talking in the background but my mind replays everything from Halloween night to the following week after. I hid from almost everyone in that time because I was grieving selfishly for my loss. But nobody I loved or really cared for died. They are all still around. So why can’t I get over my loss?
I’m not sure how much time has passed when the tears stop. I feel tired, so I stand and look at myself in the mirror, hoping beyond everything I won’t see the girl I’ve been staring at for the past two months—the one who I’m disgusted to be. The one who’s stupid enough to fall for a married man. The one who’s still selfish and thinking of all these stupid things instead of worrying about anyone else for once.
I splash water on my face to wash away the salty tears that have mixed in with my mascara. Red angry blotches are everywhere, especially my nose. I look like hell. After I’m done cleaning my face, I listen for any sign that I’m not alone. Not hearing anyone in the other room and feeling embarrassed for my female showcase of emotions, I debate on hiding for the remainder of the day or seeing if Mason and Ryan are still around. If they left I can’t blame them. I want to run from myself. The latter is the winner so I crack open the door and walk into the living room where I left them. Instead of two people I only see Mason pacing back and forth. His back is turned my way as he runs his hands through his hair and talks to himself. I can’t help but smile. He’s so quirky. I don’t know what I’d do without him. That last thought makes our arrangement come to mind and I can’t help worry about ruining us.
Before I dwell on it too long, he turns and sees me standing there. I’m sure I still look like total shit, and I feel like the word home-wrecker is tattooed on my forehead. Feeling vulnerable without makeup, I look at my bare feet. “Hi”
“Hi.” After a few seconds with neither of us speaking he comes close enough I can see his feet come into view. “Are you okay?”
Keeping my eyes downcast, I concentrate on his Adidas. “Yeah. Sorry about that.” I shrug my shoulders and change the subject. “Where’s Ryan?”
“Um ... I told him to leave.”
My head comes up and my eyes widen with surprise, realizing we are alone. And there’s a bed. “Why?”
“Well, after you ran out I explained about Benji and he felt like shit. So I gave him my keys so he could leave. I hope that’s okay. I couldn’t leave you like that. But I can get him to pick me up.” He places his hands in his front pockets and rocks back and forth on his feet nervously.
Something melts in me with his words. He stayed behind while I cried just so I wouldn’t be alone, even when he could go hang with his friends. How many guys would do that? None. Feeling warm, I walk and lay my head on his chest while wrapping my arms around his waist and squeeze him against me. The tears start back up because of his consideration for my well-being and it just can’t be helped. Crap!   



Buy Links
 Goodreads - http://bit.ly/19Xomk2 
Smashwords - http://bit.ly/JqFp42 
Barnes & Noble - http://bit.ly/1lvtOfK 



Synopsis
Due to strong sexual Content and language this book is not suitable for readers under 17 

Being alive and living are not always the same. 

Trudy Love is used to being on her own and has rarely been shown affection. Between growing up in foster care and her abusive boyfriend she has no idea what life can be. At 19 she goes through something no one should ever experience and is left alone once again. Six months later she moves to Mobile, Alabama where she meets someone whose eyes bring back memories of the one person she misses everyday. Too late she finds herself caught in a storm of emotions that are unwanted, but she's determined to fight them off. 

Jaxon Coleman has a good life, and for him to attend one of the finest Med schools in the country and follow in his dad's foot steps is a dream come true. However, dreams can change in life and when he meets Trudy he knows his will never be the same. Jax knows she has secrets she is unwilling to share, but he's never given up on something he wants and he wants Tru. 

Can Trudy stop resisting her feelings and welcome the chance to live a different life than she pictured or will her defiance and haunted past eventually take her out of Jax's reach? 

After tragedy living is not easy, but with the right person it can be learned.





Author Bio



R.D. Cole is a lively person with a determination to make it in life. Once her mind gets set on an idea she pursues it with passion. As long as she has God and her family she feels she can conquer every day. Besides reading and writing she loves to sing, dance, and go mudding on her Souped-up Can Am. Her hubby is 9 years younger but he seems more mature than her at times and they level one another out. She has a beautiful daughter named Bethani who is a miracle and a fighter. She's the only known living survivor of Matthew Woods Syndrome and when no one thought she'd live R.D. said "yes she will." R.D. takes nothing for granted when it comes to life. "Everything can be ripped from your fingers before they can grasp it. So if you want something in life, do it. Go for it."
That same mindset has helped R.D. write small pieces of her life mixed in to fictional settings and characters that will capture your heart.
"Read on. Dream on. Write on." -R.D. Cole
Support Indie Authors





Author Interview



What were you like at school?
Well in elementary I was a dork. Bad teeth, frizzy hair. I was picked on a lot. Middle school I was more popular, but always made my own rules. Didn’t care what people said or thought. Kind of a Hellion. Hung out with the high school kids and snuck into clubs. I loved to party. High school was the same until I became pregnant at 16. After that I stopped it all and focused on being a mom. Unfortunately my son only lived a day. But I still focused on my grades and graduated. It was hard because rumors went around and I had to endure my sister being pregnant soon after his death. Several occasions I thought about ending it all. But I knew my son wouldn’t want that.

Were you good at English? Yes. I have always been good with literature and English. In elementary I loved to read but when I discovered boys they replaced books. I was definitely boy crazy. <3
What was your favorite book to write? I think Lyric and Blaire’s story Learning to Forgive is my favorite thus far. They rawness and action and its TOTALLY Different from anything I’ve ever read… <3 They are intense together.

What was your most embarrassing moment?? Well, I was 14 and dating the QB of our High school football team Bobby Joe. (I looked older) We’ve been together for a few months and I wasn’t a slut who’d put out. I knew a break up was inevitable, especially with the rumors of his cheating. So I was walking to meet him on the breezeway by the snack machines and as I was walking down the steps my ankle gave out and BAM… Fell right on my face in front of all the HS football players and cheerleaders. UGH!!! I laugh about it now, but Damn that sucked. Needless to say he broke up with me after I stood up.

What’s your favorite sweet?? Apple pie. I love Apple pie… YUMMY!!!

Do you have any special procedure before you start writing? Not really. Besides putting everyone to bed and putting in my ear buds for my spotify music. If I need to brainstorm though, I go for a run or drive, or cut grass.

What was your favorite part of writing your book?? I love the first meeting of any book. So writing my own first encounters I like to make them intense and cause my stomach to flip with anticipation.

Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?
Well Blaire puts all her emotions into her music. She’s a pianist with major demons and it shows.
Lyric will remain a mystery until the book. He’s…. He’s INTENSE. But loves to play with his band Lyrical Obsessions.

What are you working on at the minute? Actually I have been working on my first ever YA, but Yesterday I was taken over by a NEW Idea for another NA and started it too.

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
Taylor Kitsch would be perfect for Lyric       
Evan Rachel Wood for Blaire               -

When did you decide to become a writer?
Actually only a year ago. I was in nursing school for years and only had 1 semester left. But on 3/25/13 I had accident that resulting in brain trauma. So I had to give up nursing because my memory was Blah! And during recovery I just got a need to write. I never thought about publishing it. It was more of a brain exercise. But then I sent it to friends and they loved it so much they pushed me to publish Learning to Live. Now I’d never do anything else. I love it.

Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors. I’ve been an avid reader for a decade. Now I try to read between each book I write. But my favorite authors are Abbi Glines, Nora Roberts, Julie Garwood, Rebecca Donovan, Tammara Webber, Colleen Hoover, Tina Reber, Christine Feehan, Fracette Phal

What book/s are you reading at present? Drifting into Darkness  by JM la Rocca <3 it

How do you relax? Reading. Or relaxing in pool. Going mud Boggin with friends and making a party out of it.

What is your favorite motivational phrase?
 It’s not about being better than someone else, It’s about being better than you were yesterday.

What is your favorite positive saying??
It’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. –Marilyn Monroe

What is your favorite book and why?
My all time favorite book? Ummm. I’m gonna have to say one that people haven’t heard of but NEED to read. Beautiful Disaster (The Bet) by Francette Phal.  I read it almost two years ago and I’m still hung over. She’s about to rerelease it to give it the recognition it deserves.

What is your favorite quote? 
There will always be people who treat you wrong. Make sure you thank them for making you strong. –Anonymous

What is your favorite film and why?
Pitch Perfect. I love Fat Amy. I love cheesy musicals… But add sexy college guys and I’m hooked. LOL!!!
What is your favorite movie and why?
Same as above.
Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Colleen Hoover. She seems so awesome and I have met her. But I’d love to hang out with her.
If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
Slammed by Colleen Hoover. It’s just so in depth with out all the smut. I love Will and Lake. Loved All books in the series. Genius.
What advice would you give to aspiring writers?

Don’t give up. We’re all human and all make mistakes. It’s not a competition even though several authors and bloggers think it is. It’s not about having the bestseller status. It’s about reaching your readers and being true to who you are. Helping one another. And you can’t please everyone. Each book will grow, as will your writing skills. And be proud of yourself no matter what. <3






No comments:

Post a Comment