Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Feature Author: Jason Luke

We are thrilled to welcome Jason Luke as our Feature Author!!! If you have not read Interview with a Master you guys are seriously missing out!!


 Synopsis:

It's the interview like no other.
It's the interview of a lifetime.
It's THE Interview with a Master.
When Jonah Noble reveals details of his life within the world of BDSM, the tale he tells is intensely erotic, profoundly sensual, and brutally honest.
This is His world. His way.
There is only one question the man will not answer…

(BDSM erotica from a man's POV, written by a man. Contains some explicit language)
Buy Links

Review
5 stars of holy hotness!!Not only is this book written from a mans point of view it is all out just an amazing read This is Jason's first book in the BDSM genre and let me just say nailed it is definitely an understatement. I will blame Jason for lack of sleep and absolutely nothing getting done in my house while I read this book.... Once you start nothing else matters but seeing what happens next!! This book has some major twists and OMG moments. Jonah knows women and knows what they want. This story is about Jonah becoming the master all women seek a man who understands women better then they understand themselves. This book had me speechless every man needs to read this and take notes cause Jonah does it best;) If you have not read this book something is seriously wrong with you and you must go out and get ASAP cause life will never be the same after you read!!
~Raquel~



Excerpt: 'Interview with a Master'

"I think women want men to be more like men again,” I said. “The world went through a bizarre stage for a while where men changed. They started using ‘product’ in their hair and wearing make up for Christ’s sake! Men, wearing concealer and foundation and hair gel and eyeliner… doing everything they could to look like women. I think women got fed up with all that. I think women suddenly realized that in order for them to be made to feel like a woman, they needed men to act like real men again.
“A real man stands in the bathroom doorway watching his woman putting on her makeup, and he’s overcome with desire. His eyes roam up and down the woman’s figure, and suddenly there is a spark of lust in his eyes. The woman sees it in the reflection. She knows that look, and she feels a tiny tremor of anticipation."





Author Bio

Jason Luke is an Indie author.
Jason enjoyed several years involved in the BDSM lifestyle - but he is quick to point out that his experiences don't qualify him as an expert, any more than knowing how to drive a car makes him a qualified mechanic. 'Interview with a Master' is a novel about how one man became a Master. The book is a work of fiction, but Jason has drawn heavily on encounters from his own real life. He won't say which parts of the book are fictionalised, and which parts are auto-biographical.

Author Interview


What inspired you to write your first book?

This is my first erotic BDSM book. I recently wrote 2 zombie books under a different name. This book was inspired by my frustration with the writing process. I really struggled when it came to research for the previous books and so I asked myself what subject I actually knew something about, and what characters did I truly understand. The result was 'Interview with a Master'.

What is the craziest thing you've ever done?

Writing 'Interview with a Master'.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

I wrote 'Interview with a Master' with just one goal in mind - and that was to write a book that was entertaining. All I really wanted was for readers to finish the last page and feel as though they had been on a journey that was enjoyable and emotional.
If readers get anything else from the book then that is just a fantastic bonus.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

There are plenty of incidents within the book that are drawn from experiences from my past. Some of the characters are drawn from people I have known. I have added to that elements of fiction.

How does it feel to be a male author in this women dominated genre?

I never considered that! I guess it is a point of difference, but 'Interview with a Master' wasn't the result of some clever strategic decision. It just so happens that it was a story I was comfortable writing. The rest of it has been purely good fortune.

What inspired you to start writing?

I started writing seriously late last year at the suggestion of my girlfriend who convinced me to take a year off my regular work to try.

Who was your favorite character to write about??

Jonah was certainly the easiest because there is so much of me in how he acts and what he believes. My favourite female character in the book is Sherry.

What book are you reading now?

None. I love to read, but I am a terrible reader. I tend to re-read books I have enjoyed in the past. I like reading action/ adventure books.

What are your current projects?

At the moment I am simply dealing with all of the social media that has followed the release of 'Interview with a Master'.

What is your favorite midnight snack?

Toasted cheese sandwiches.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

Not a word - and that surprises even me! I haven't re-read 'Interview with a Master', but I feel comfortable with the story that I put down on paper. My only regret was that I didn't separate scenes with chapters. I know now that chapter breaks are preferred.

Is there a special place you like to write?

I can only write in my office. Whilst I was writing Interview with a Master' my girlfriend and I needed to travel for 3 days on family business, and at one point I remember dictating long passages of text while my girlfriend sat in the passenger seat and wrote it all down. When we arrived home I realised she had faithfully recorded 3,000 words of utter garbage. It seems it's true what they say about men, we really only can concentrate on one thing at a time. When I rite I can only work in total silence.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Getting started. The first 2,000 words are always agony, and the first 2 paragraphs each morning are always the hardest.

What is your craziest memory you have?

No comment, read the book!

Who designed the covers?

My amazing girlfriend created the cover for 'Interview with a Master' after we spent endless hours going through stock photos until we saw the image that is now on the cover of the book. That image is the classic case of a picture painting 1,000 words. It is absolutely perfect.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Writing the final scenes.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

I learned that writing can actually be a joy, provided you write about something you know and understand. That's the big lesson I learned from 'Interview with a Master'.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

If I could I would personally thank every single reader who has read the book and supported me. I would also thank the huge number of bloggers including yourself who have helped spread the word far and wide across the internet. I am forever grateful that so many people have chosen to support the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment